Re: TSO CD Problem

To: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TSO CD Problem
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:59:19 -0600
Bud:

My default browser is also Netscape running under Windows 98SE but I
also have IE6 on the computer.  I did the following:

1) Copy the TSO CD to your hard drive.
2) Copy and paste the file "OpenFirst.htm" back into the same directory
3) Rename "Copy of OpenFirst.htm" to "OpenFirst.xyz"
4) Click on "OpenFirst.xyz"
5) In the menu it will ask "Open Using ... "
6) Find your IE icon amongst the programs that will open programs and
click it.
7) Make sure that the box "Always use this program to open this file' is
checked.
8) Click OK
When you left click on "OpenFirst.xyz" it will now open in IE6.

As a further refinement:

1) Create a shortcut for "OpenFirst.xyz" on the desk top.
2) Right click on the shortcut and rename it to something you like.  I
used "TSO CD".
3) Right Click again on the shortcut and select properties.
4) Click on Properties
5) Click on Change Icon
6) Click on Browse
7) Go to the TSO folder and find NEMGTR's icon and click on it.
8) Click OK
9) The shortcut on the desktop will now have NEMGTR's icon and the
shortcut will read "TSO CD"
10) Drag the icon where you like it such as the start menu, program
files menu, or tray.  I put mine in the program files menu under start.

Regards,
Blake