RE: Oil Filter

To: "John Gunnell" <gunnellj@krause.com>, <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Oil Filter
From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:00:12 -0500
John,
Yes that Fram PH814 filter works fine on the late TD/TF oil pump with
integral filter. Use the 0.088" wide gasket for the oil pump and make SURE
all the old gasket is removed. Then seat the 0.088" gasket in the oil pump
groove. The other two gaskets usually supplied are either too thin or too
thick.

For those interested, I make a steel oil filter adapter for the TD/TF to
accept a modern spin-on filter. Much easier and cleaner to change the
filter.
I also make a separate aluminum spin-on adapter for the TB/TC/TD and Y
types. This uses original oil lines, banjo bolts and block attachment. Much
cheaper to replace the spin-on filter which simply spins on from below. Also
the adapter remains on the block so the oil lines and banjo bolts are not
disturbed when changing the spin-on filter element.

Email or call for further details if interested.
Regards, BOb
Bob Grunau
150 Pinewood Trail,
Mississauga, Ontario,
Canada, L5G-2L1
905-274-4136

Hi Mates

   Anyone have input on using a Fram oil filter in the XPAG engine

   I ordered three Fram CH814PL full-flow lube cartridges ($5.48) from
RockAuto.com in Madison, WI

   They list this application on their Website for the TD and TF

   I am just trying to confirm this works in a stock engine.

   I have had some out-of-stocks when trying to order filters from Moss and
Abingdon.

John Gunnell
"Gunner"
Iola, WI