Status of New England MG T Register CD-ROM

To: <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Status of New England MG T Register CD-ROM
From: "Larry Shoer" <Larry.Shoer@backlottech.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:11:20 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: hank rippert [mailto:fairwind@carolina.rr.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 1:41 PM
To: CD-13
Subject: TSO / CD / UPDATE

DECEMBER 18,2004

Dear Friends,
Santa and his elves have been very busy the past few weeks in an attempt to
get the TSO / CD in the mail before the 25th. Too many set-backs with the
software and search drivers have resulted in a shipping delay. For those of
you that placed orders as holiday gifts, my personal apology for the delay.

STATUS UPDATE
1. The first issue of TSO, November 1964, and all issues published in 1965
were produced on a mimeograph machine and now, 40 years later, the purple
ink is so faded that they would not scan with readable copy. Each issue had
to be completely recreated (typos and spacing errors included). That
surprise problem has been fixed and all 1964/1965 issues are now scanned and
loaded.

2. The CD jacket has been designed and is currently in print production.
Upon its completion, it will be die cut and assembled.

3. All of the scans are completed. Close to 8000 pages!

4. Although we advertised the CD with dates November 1964 through October
2004, we have now included the December 2004 issue of TSO which really
should have been the original plan.

5. We have conducted numerous OEtest runs9 of the CD. These tests have been
conducted on-line by several TSO contributors and our I.T. guy with great
success. I9m the exception! What we learned from the test was that the
search tools are PERFECT for a PC platform but, leave a bit to be desired
when run on a Mac platform. (I use a Mac!)

6. To ensure the same high quality search tools for both PC and Mac, we have
elected to offer two versions. The PC version is ready to go into the OEburn
mode9 and the Mac version should be ready later this week. There is just so
much material on the TSO/CD that there was no room to include PC and Mac
versions on the same CD.

7. The software employed is Adobe Acrobat and, if you do not already have it
in your system, the CD will guide you through an easy, free, download.

We9re very close to completion and expect that delivery will begin in early
January. Again, I apologize for the delay.
MAC USERS ONLY....PLEASE RESPOND
If you operate on a Mac platform, please send me an e-mail.
Put TSO/CD/MAC on the subject line
include your full name, city and state. (I have your street address)
That9s all I need from you.
The subject line will tell me that you want a Mac version of the TSO/CD

Happy Holidays To All and thanks for your patience.

Kindest regards,
hank