More Clutch questions

To: "Mg-T " <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More Clutch questions
From: "Douglas Ormrod" <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:31:19 +1200
Thanks to Mark for fixing the server - I shall certainly send a little
beer money.

I now have my refurbished clutch mechanism working nicely and have
another couple of questions.

1. Where the clutch rod comes out of the pedal box (this is a RHD car so
no cross shaft) it passes through a hole about 1" dia with a couple of
threaded holes on either side. I assume this is to take some kind of
dust and water excluding gaiter; but I can't see anything in the parts
books. What should go here?

2. The new Moss return spring has a right angled end and a hook end -
the right angled end goes nicely through the little hole on the pivot
lever - do I need to bend this over  or is the tension enough to hold it
in place?

Thanks

Douglas