Re: TD steering problem

To: <drmoyce@ent-oakland.com>
Subject: Re: TD steering problem
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:15:32 -0700
Andy,

If your guy can figure out how to put toe-in on just one side of a
rack-and-pinion steering system, he's a clever chap, indeed! I'd be rather
leery of taking his advice, based on that suggestion.

Tire wear of the type you describe can often be traced to the car's having
hit a kerb or chuck-hole at some time in its life, with sufficient force to
bend the inner A-arm pivot. Other causes are worn trunnion bushings (or,
worse, seized trunnion bolts which have allowed the suspension to wear the
holes in the ends of the A-arms to an oval shape). I'd suggest finding
someone who can disassemble and inspect your suspension before paying
someone to "adjust the toe-in on the right side".

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center