Re: Brakes won't release

To: Andrew Kirk <andrewk962@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Brakes won't release
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 17:50:04 -0400
Andy,

A couple of years ago I trailered home a TD to save it from the
wrecker's.  It had been sitting outside for a very long time and the
rear wheels were frozen.  After a lot of frustration I discovered that
the pinion flange was rusted in place.  Solution was a few days soaking
in a good penetrating oil spray (Busty) I was able put a hefty pipe
wrench, with a four foot pipe attached for leverage, onto the flange and
was gradually able to turn it.  My wheel remover was then able to pull
the rear drums.  This worked for me, but YMMV.

Bud Krueger
52TD
Plymouth, Mass.