TC Radiator adjustment

To: "mg" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TC Radiator adjustment
From: "Tim Newton" <timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:28:38 +1000
Hi All
I would appreciate some help!
I have a TC, and the off-side hood fit is giving me a problem. When closed,
the hood overlaps the chrome radiator surround just at the bottom corner, by
about 3-4 millimetres. The fit in all other areas is perfect including at the
top of the radiator. The near side hood fit is perfect.
Looking at the radiator from all angles it appears to be properly aligned. I
can see that an adjustment can be made to tilt the top of the radiator in/out,
but my problem is at the bottom. It occurred to me that I could move the base
of the radiator out towards the badge bar a few millimetres to allow the hood
to fit, and without noticeably causing the radiator to appear wrongly aligned.
I discovered however that the 2 bolts that secure the base of the radiator to
the frame allows for no adjustment. Am I missing something here?
Tim Newton