Shock Rebuilding

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Shock Rebuilding
From: William T Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:09:30 -0400
I've run into an unexpected snag during my '53 TD restoration. One of my
Armstrong front shocks is leaking badly. I can't currently afford the
$165 each rebuild price charged by Apple Hydraulics. I also have an old
pair of Girlings that seem to work well, but are rusted to the point that
I can't get them open to check fluid levels, etc. Can anyone suggest any
less expensive alternatives? Does anyone have a pair of good working
spares that they would part with for a reasonable price? Does anyone know
why it costs almost three times as much to rebuild a front Armstrong TD
shock as it does a front Armstrong MGB shock?

Thanks in advance.
Bummed out at the moment.

Bill Snyder
Waynesville, NC 28786