Re: 9 post regulator question

To: duvallcom@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: 9 post regulator question
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:54:31 -0400
Mike,
   You might call around town to see if any shop has people old enough to
understand regulators. If you find one, he may well be able to mend
yours.
   I've seen today's issue of the 5 post; it's very obviously not the
original.
   My preference would be to stick with the original gear if at all
possible. Since it's worked well for upwards of 50 years, it was pretty
good to begin with. Repair may be better than replacement.
   If you can't find anyone in your area, write me back. I can't recall
the name, but there was a guy at our CT MG Club show last year who did
this sort of work, and I can ask around to see if anyone recalls who he
is.
Bob