Re: early TD front brakes

To: tom zylla <bugeyeguy@yahoo.com>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: early TD front brakes
From: Walton Smith <waltonps@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 18:54:41 -0700 (PDT)
Welcome Tom,There is a bounty of information the list members can and will
provide you, but if you haven't already, may I suggest you contact one of your
Cameron Park neighbors; Mr. Lawrie Alexander. Lawrie is co-owner of British
Sportcar Center, and has an intimate love affair with our old MGs, he is a well
known expert on repair and restoration of the TD.
http://www.britcars.com/default.htm Good Luck;Walt
brake drums I found that
one side has coarse threads and a felt seal with
waffled washer. The other side has fine threads and a
bearing cap in the center of the drum. Obviously
somewhere along the line prior to me, one side has
been changed. In order to have them match, I'm
thinking that I'll have to change one of them.

Are the spindles the same for both types or am I going
to have to rebuild the entire front end? Can I change
just the studs and lug nuts? I could just leave it the
way it is and keep track of the lug nuts... and keep
the hub caps on or I could make both sides the same.
What say you?

Cheers,
Tom Zylla
TD1849