Identifying camshafts

To: "mg-tabc" <mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>, "MG-T LIST"
Subject: Identifying camshafts
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:45:18 +1000
Gentlemen

As a result of a lot of collecting over the years, I have a number of
camshafts for my TC.

There may be Morris 10, Wolseley 4/44, TD and maybe even TC. The question is,
how do I identify the variants?

I guess the ones with a small base circle and pointy cams are Morris, so that
eliminates some. I can't find any markings (at least I think I can't, but then
I couldn't see the dimensions on the TC chassis drawing til some of you guys
pointed them out!).

I think I heard something once about '1 groove' and '2 groove'. Does anyone
have data on cam profiles? I can easy enough plot cams with V-blocks and a
clock guage.

Advice please to shed some light into this dark corner.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC
Sydney