Brake Fluid

To: MG <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Fluid
From: Stu Keen <simbafish@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:12:25 -0500
Some time ago I read that Castrol GTLMA brake fluid was the best for TDs
because it was superior to normal DOT 3 and DOT 4, but still was not
silicone. I'm sure there are more technical reasons for this choice. I have
been using it for the past three years.

In the past few days I've searched high and wide for Castrol GTLMA brake
fluid. It's just not available. The several discount auto stores I visited
said they were no longer carrying Castrol brake fluid, only engine oil.

Is there a similar product out there that I should use? Most of what I see
is DOT 3 which is good for the TD, but I was told that DOT 4 was better.
Castrol encompassed both. The common DOT 3 brake fluid I find locally are
"Car and Drive" and "STP".

Thanks for any recommendations.

Stu Keen
51 MGTD MkII