Re: TD Tool Kit

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD Tool Kit
From: "Greg Dyche" <gdyche@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:00:45 -0800
Oh! This list has made me SO happy today! I clicked on the links provided
below and compared them to the tools in my box. I found that I may have a
good number of original (or pretty close) tools!
I knew I had the jack and handle, but I had no idea that the other crusty
tools could be genuine MG issue. I found the feeler guage (.019), the tire
irons with "DUNLOP MADE IN ENGLAND" on them, the set of (3) open spanners. a
5/16-3/8, a 3/8BSF 5/16W-7/16BSF 3/8W and a 7/16W-1/2W (this one even says
King Dick on it. the other spanners do not), the tappet spanner (SK11182),
cylinder head spanner (with the alledgedly coveted MG logo), 4 tube spanners
(well, 3 tube and one hexagonal) and tommy bar (no markings that I can make
out as yet) and a shifting spanner ('though it does not say King Dick on it,
it does look very similar to the photo. It does say "9IN AUTO" on it. Anyone
else have one like this?).
I'm spending the rest of the day in the garage dancing about and shining up
my newest treasures.

Greg Dyche
'52 TD

 <snippity>