RE: TD Lubrication - nipples / Which Oil?

To: "'Bob Howard'" <mgbob@juno.com>, bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Subject: RE: TD Lubrication - nipples / Which Oil?
From: "Hermance, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Hermance@ATK.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:33:05 -0600
Bob and List,

Rack lock-up, huh!  Should that TSO be recovered and sent out again?  My TF
hasn't had a ball and spring in the steering rack nipple since I acquired
the car in 1969.  Last summer the steering suddenly noticeably freed itself
up for no apparent reason.  Perhaps the ball finally worked its way to a
rubber boot or into some brass somewhere in the system.  Till now, I had
assumed my adding gear oil in bits and dribbles over the last few years had
finally broken down old grease added by yours truly and previous DPOs.

Jon