TF restoration

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TF restoration
From: Andrew Kirk <andrewk962@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:04:35 -0800 (PST)
Hi All:
     I will soon (I hope) be able to start the long
delayed restoration of my beloved TF 1500.  I wonder
if anyone out there can give me an idea what it will
cost.  The engine has been boared out o t the maximum
and will need  to be re-sleeved but the crank is still
the original diameter.  The body was rebuilt about 30
years ago and has not had any dents since but the
original upholstery has been replaced with naughihide
in the late 60s and is in bad shape (smells). The top
is bad but the sidecurtains are OK.  As I will
continue working past my retirement age to provide
funds for the restoration I would like an idea what it
will cost.
     I have worked on every part of this car at one
time or another with the exception of the front
steering gearbox and have a good set of  witworth
tools I can do some of the work myself but no longer
enjoy working on cars like I did when I was younger.
Andy Kirk
Los Altos CA
1500 TF
92 Nisan 240SX

=====
Andy                    Work is the curse of the bikeing
Andrew J. Kirk          classes!!
andrewk962@yahoo.com
akirk@etm-inc.com(work)  650-941-1287, cell 510-459-4452
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!