Re: Gas tank dip stick / Gas tank vent

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank dip stick / Gas tank vent
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 15:49:37 -0500
That makes sense. My cap mechanism was "frozen" with rust, and it wasn't
until I worked it loose that the tank pressure/vacuum problem went away. I
would advise everyone to work that little cup up and down by hand
periodically to keep the airway open. In my case, that old cork seal worked
too well! One time I opened the cap after winter storage, and there was so
much built up pressure that it blew my hat off.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336