Condenser

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Condenser
From: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@home.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 20:39:02 -0700
List Participants,

I just purchased a couple of condensers from a Moss affiliate.   They were
after-market products -- not made by Lucas.  I like to carry emergency
electrical items like plugs, points, rotor, condenser, coil, etc. in case of
difficulty.

As you are aware, the condenser has a wire with a clip attached to it.  The
clip has a hole that a screw goes through.  When it came to installing the
condenser, the hole was too small for the screw.  It was no problem to open up
the hole to fit, using a small round file.

If one were away from home, out on the road, and perhaps without proper tools,
installing the condenser could have been a major headache.  I suggest you
check the hole size on any condensers you purchase, and open up the holes as
necessary before you carry them as emergency items.

Ben