Forwarded: A new guy

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: A new guy
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:34:42 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than mg-t@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: "Brad Rivera" <barivera@qwest.net>
     Subject: A new guy
     Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:01:29 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking in the general MG mailing list and just discovered and
joined this list this week. I am the proud owner of a TF-1500 that has
been in my family since '71. The car is two-tone red (Not quite stock
colors -not my fault- which will be repainted someday) and quite
fetching if you don't mind me saying so myself. It does have a few minor
scratches that I chalk up to storage and road-use. Up until two years
ago, the poor thing was wedged into the back of a garage and only driven
twice a year. For the past two years however, it has been driven
(Weather permitting) almost weekly and almost daily during the hot
summer evenings. It is awfully fun to drive.

Some things that I'm particularly interested in are maintenance of the
rear differential, restoration of the wheels, general maintenance and
care. Of course, I also like reading about the work that others are
doing, trip reports and anything else MG related (I also have access to
and maintain my Mother's B-GT).

I am married with no kids but three cats and two German Shepherd dogs. I
also must confess another automotive passion, my '85 FJ-60 Toyota Land
Cruiser, which is blue with ARBs front and rear , along with an ARB
roofrack. My other interests include history, military history, Russian
and Soviet history (Any Russian listers?), science fiction, Schutzhund
training my newest dog, competitive target shooting, RTS games, ballroom
dancing and ice cream.

I hope my little introduction isn't too long.

Looking forward to learning lots,

Brad Rivera