Forwarded: Real Newbies

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Real Newbies
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 00:31:56 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than mg-t@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: "Robert Lilley" <lilley@eclipse.net>
     Subject: Real Newbies
     Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:30:07 -0400

My wife has consented to and is even interested in "getting one of those
little cars".  She likes the TD because it has "that cute little radiator
and those running board things".  In a former life I was a TR3 owner and
have always wanted to own another British car like it.  In any event, the
kids are grown and it's time to play!  I got the "little cars" narrowed down
in my mind to either a TD/F or an MG A.

My ideal fun ratio is two parts driving to one part tinker.  So with that in
mind, I am wondering about this aspect of the TD.  On the other hand, there
is a certain mystique and feel about the TD and perhaps the A's tinker
factor is up there as well.   I would appreciate any "Pros and Cons" or
thoughts on the T series vs. MGA.

Thanks for your time.

Rob
Belvidere, NJ