Re: Variation of "Lift the Piston Carb Tunning"

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Subject: Re: Variation of "Lift the Piston Carb Tunning"
From: "John T. Seim" <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:57:07 -0700
Raising the piston, or lowering the jet, will richen the mixture. A thin
blade screwdriver can be used to lift the piston 1/32", to check the
mixture. The SU tool kit has metal rods, that can be placed into the
piston oil resevoir, and lift the piston, with the air cleaner in place.
You can tune by adjusting the jet height, and listening to the resulting
engine exhaust note. Correct mixture is indicated by a regular, even
exhaust beat. An irregular beat with a splashy misfire and colorous
exhaust indicates a weak mixture; too rich a mixture produces a rythmic
misfire and a blackish exhaust.