Re: Torque values

To: "Mark Andrew" <mgandrew@nextek.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Torque values
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:04:39 -0700
The factory shop manual states that the head nut torque figure is "500 lb.
in.", which comes out to 41.67 ft. lbs. If you have fitted new studs, I'd go
to 45lbs to compensate for the difference in quality between the original
head gasket and the ones available today.

No figure is given for the valve train bolts (which should be tight rather
than snug).

Don't forget to re-torque the head nuts as soon as the engine reaches
operating temperature, then re-adjust the valves. Don't wait till 500
miles........

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center