Re: Tubes

To: Chuck <chull@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Tubes
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:21:38 -0700
John and Chuck,

    Have the tire shop that installs the tires put the proper size
RADIAL tube in them.  DO NOT use the old tubes that were used with the
bias ply tires with radial tires, unless you like changing tires all the
time.  I speak from experience on this - I had three flats in one day
while on a trip with the TD as a result of saving some money by "reusing
the old tubes".  Due to the increased flexing of the sidewalls of radial
tires,  they have to have tubes that are specifically designed for them
or they will chafe through the tubes in a short time (and usually at the
most inopportune time).

Good luck,
Dave