Water pump ID

To: MG-T List <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water pump ID
From: Bill Loubiere <loubiere@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 13:13:23 -0500
I bought a box of various parts from an MG sort.  Some parts were treasures
and some junk.  I had two water pumps that I am having a hard time
identifying.  One looks just like a TC/TD water pump with a similar seal to
that of the newer TD water pumps.  It differs in that there are no circlips
or groves for them on the front bearing.  The bolt pattern and casting
appears to be the same.

The other is not of TD/TC origin.  It is an old pump with the numbers 1G2301
cast into the housing.  There is also some sort of diamond emblem with
letters I can9t read.  The shaft is brass.   There is a large 1 inch long
hex type nut for lubrication.

All this started with me trying to get a pump casing to have rebuilt by Phil
Marino.

If anyone has any idea where these go (besides the trash), I would
appreciate any leads.

Thanks,
Bill Loubiere
52 TD