RE: TD pedal shaft from hell!

To: "'Bob Howard'" <mgbob@juno.com>,
Subject: RE: TD pedal shaft from hell!
From: "Hermance, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Hermance@ATK.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:02:29 -0600
Bob,

On my left hand drive TD, there's a machine screw into a nut welded to the
outside front of the box above and to the passenger side a little of the
clutch-rods.  I punched appropriate sized holes in a piece of old leather
belt for the screw and the rods.   With the leather slit to the rod holes
and slipped over the rods the "wiper" is held more or less in place by the
screw.  This may keep a worthwhile amount of wet and road dirt out of the
grease built up in the box.

Jon