Re: TD clutch?

To: bkrueger@ici.net, stritle@epix.net
Subject: Re: TD clutch?
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:58:24 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/00 2:52:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bkrueger@ici.net
writes:

<<  I appreciate all the sage advice which points to the half shafts. My
memory
 > serves that Carl Cederstrand put out a publication on repairing this
problem.
 > does anyone know where a 51 year old neophyte mechanic could get one?

Yes, he did...perhaps Carl will jump in here...but his tool is basically a
piece of stiff wire with a loop make into the end of it and then bent over at
right angles...work it up into the axle case and get it over the broken
piece. when you pull on it, it will tighten and then you can pull the broken
piece out...unless the spline have twisted and hung up on the spider
gears...if so, you are stuck with disassembling the axle.
Good luck

TATerry
Oakland, CA