Re: 'frozen' brake cylinders

To: Francis Precht <fprecht@mail.frostburg.edu>
Subject: Re: 'frozen' brake cylinders
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 19:44:57 -0500
After my TF had sat for 25 years most of my wheel cylinders were frozen.  I
just heated them a little with a cutting head on my acetylene torch (make
sure and do it evenly) and blew them out with compressed air (blow them out
in to a clean cotton rag).  I then just honed the cylinders with a two stone
hone mounted in a hand electric drill and put new rubber seals in.  The
brakes worked great all this summer after doing that last spring - no
sleeves needed!

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO