Shiny Side Down & Mystery Solved?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Shiny Side Down & Mystery Solved?
From: "Scott Allen" <s4usea@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 23:12:56 GMT
All,

Two questions here...

First, in putting the manifold gasket on a TD do you put the shiny side down
towards the motor, or up towards the intakes?

Next when I took the manifold off I noticed from carbon residue that the
gasket had failed at the #1 intake.  This was, (IMHO) because the manaifold
clamp on the #1 intake looks like it was from a Mini, and not a T series.
It looks like the DPO used a Mini clamp 'cuz the bolt is too short...  In
any event, in looking at the external engine diagrams it doesn't show bolts,
but studs and nuts.  My TD has all bolts.  Which is correct?  I'm inclined
to defer to the diagram and get on the phone to Moss...

Thanks as always,

Scott