Re: Lucas Chrome Headlight buckets

To: felperg@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Lucas Chrome Headlight buckets
From: Brian Smith <btsmith@island.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:05:12 -0700
--------------F38DDB61EF405D9EC4188BAF

Jerry

Thanks for the reply but if they were for a motorcycle they would not be
"sided", I have one right and one left headlight pot with the attachment point
on the side of the chrome pot and they appear to hold a light unit bigger than
7". I checked them against the original headlight pots that I have for the TD
and they are considerably bigger.

The Lucas medallion is recessed into the shell so if you can go by MG
practise, they would have to be post war. I would really like to know what
these came off but I understand that at least one other member of the T list
has a set and has not found out what they are from.

Again they are Lucas Type 143, side mount.

Brian

Jerry Felper wrote:

> Brian Smith wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > Posting this message in the hopes that someone will know what I have. I
> > just received a pair of Lucas Chrome headlight buckets and rims from a
> > friend. He purchased them thinking that they were for a TD and knew that
> > I needed a pair. To make a long story a little shorter, the buckets are
> > Lucas and have the sunken medallion but are side mount,  Type 143. Any
> > ideas what I have? Too bad they are not for a TD because they are in
> > pretty good shape.
> >
> > Brian Smith
> > 1950 MG TD
>
> Brian