Re: TF air filters

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>, "Dick Dell" <rddell@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: TF air filters
From: "lbprince" <lbprince@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:20:15 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 4:17 AM
Subject: TF air filters

Dick,

The original air filter elements are almost worthless --- only providing
protection for big birds!  K&N makes the very best elements, although they
are expensive (about $30 each).  The K&Ns also last for about 100,000 miles
and provide better air flow in addition to the superb filtering.

The K&N elements that direct  fit my TF 1500  filter assembly have part
number E3290.  They measure 6.24" OD, 5.25" ID and 1.5" in height.  You may
have to relocate the breather tube stub on one carb for a good fit.

Unfortunately, the K&N elements are a little thicker than your originals.
Before going to thinner elements, I suggest you check your motor mounts and
make certain the engine is securely fastened and not twisted or skewed to
the right.  Also make sure the right body side panel is not bowed inward.

If things still rub, shave the spacer between the carbs and the intake
manifold.  You might even leave the spacer out, although it might then be
necessary to install a heat shield for the carbs.

Ben Prince