TD Rattle/Fanbelt

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Rattle/Fanbelt
From: Richard Waite <acace@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 11:01:47 -0400 (EDT)
Having just gone through finding a longer fan belt, I'll chime in.  The
stock TD belt is nominally 38" long and 1/2"-5/8" wide at the widest point.
Normal parts store replacements don't fit properly as has been stated (too
narrow). However, garden/lawn mower/chipper etc. belts do fit. Gates series
6900 is very close and seems to work fine. #6938 should be the one you need.
In my case I needed one longer. I tried #6940 - too long, but #6939 worked
just fine. There not cheap, being around $12-15, and they're green.

Dick