Re: Fuel tank crud & rusting-out; possible ultimate solution?

To: CFritz7001@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel tank crud & rusting-out; possible ultimate solution?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 20:21:27 -0500
  About a year ago,  The Panel Shop, in Stratford, CT,  was forming a new
fuel tank for a TC. The two partners commented that the car's owner had
not been able to locate a tank, and they were building one for less than
he would have paid could he find one.  They are ex RR and Bentley
coachbuilders and use an English wheel to make all sorts of fenders,
doors and other parts.  Undergoing rebuilding were a Bentley shooting
brake, a 1930-something MG,  an MGB and an XK-E that was having a fuel
cell installed.  They were building new bodies for 50 C-3 Cunninghams,
commissioned by Briggs Cunningham Jr.
    If anyone is interested in following this lead, let me know and I'll
dig up address and telephone numbers for them.
Bob