Re: XPAG Rear crankshaft oilseal.

To: david.tinker@virgin.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: XPAG Rear crankshaft oilseal.
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:56:33 EST
In a message dated 11/24/99 2:11:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
david.tinker@virgin.net writes:

<< a seal kit is manufactured by a well
 known firm but I am told by people who have fitted it that it does not
 always work.  >>

The problems with the seal kit are now well known and to my knowledge have
been solved.  The leak has more to do with main bearing wear and crank whip
and improper fit up of the scroll seal than blowby, however lots of blowby
makes things worse.  The most fool proof way to deal with it is described in
an article by Andy Bradley at this web site: http://www.mg-tabc.org/  look
under "Technical Upgrades"....this method is bulletproof...

Good Luck
Terry