Re: TD body removal

To: walters@mail.softcom.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD body removal
From: Arnold J Molloy <w1gdj@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:28:33 -0400
Rick;
A short piece of scrap screwed into the latch pillar just under the dash
and running to the elbow over the rear inner fender will prevent any
flexing of the body in the door area. I used sheet rock screws and had
good results. This will allow the doors to be opened and closed.  I also
used some 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" X 1/8"angle (Home Depot) on 2 X 3's 36" long
utilizing "C" clamps to simulate the frame support. If you prefer you
could drill holes into the angle iron and bolt it in place while you
worked on it.
Best of luck
Arnie
53 TD in the middle of a frame-up restoration