Re: Suspension bushes

To: rddell@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Suspension bushes
From: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:18:00 -0600
Dick:-

The MGBV8 bushings will fit fine and are a good choice.  Just be sure you
clean up the pivots really well (wire wheel is good for this) to get off
any corrosion or old bushing material.  Then use Anti-Seize lubricant on
the pivot and the interior of the V8 bush.  It has a steel sleeve that
can corrode to the pivot if you don't put in the Anti-Seize.

Urethane bushings are another choice, but people have told me that they
make the ride a bit harsh for a street car and are more suitable for
racing.

Whatever you do, DO NOT put in the standard bushings.  The replacement
ones available are real crap.  They are too soft and won't last six
months.

Good luck!

David Littlefield
Houston, TX