Howdy from Oklahoma!

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Howdy from Oklahoma!
From: Rocky Frisco <rockyfrisco@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 14:51:20 -0600
I'm Rocky Frisco, from Oklahoma, USA. I'm active on the Mini-List and
own four Minis, one racing 1965 Cooper S, one rusty 850, one poor
smashed Mark IV Cooper S that was my pride & joy ("Rocky's 3" in Mini
World, April 98) until it was crunched by a careless lady driver who ran
a stop sign, and a new bodyshell and subframes for the re-build.

While I'm working on my Cooper S, I'm driving an "MG TF 1800."
It's essentially an MGB on a special frame with a fiberglass TF body.
All of the chrome trim, the hood and sidecurtains are from original TF
and it drives and feels like a TF (on steroids).

The account of the rebuild is at:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/fixlug.htm

and a picture of the "TF" is at:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/mg-tf.gif

My first car, bought with money saved from a newspaper route, was a 1949
red TC, bought in 1956, so this TF sort-of-replicar is a real kick to
drive (except that it's *very* cold here right now: about 20 f.).

I hope I'll be welcome here even though the TF has a plastic suit of
clothes on; if it were a VW-based job, I probably would just lurk behind
the shrubbery until I made sure nobody was armed.  ;)

I also raced MGA's in the 60's and do all my own mechanical and
body-prep work, so I might occasionally be a source of good advice &
spares.

Right now, I'm looking for one of the red glass round tail-lamp lenses
(one is cracked); anybody got a spare for sale?

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com
Rocky's Mini Cooper Page: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/