healeys

Re: [Healeys] 3-rd brake light

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 3-rd brake light
From: Bob Johnson <bjsbj8@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:44:33 -0400
I had a big Caddy Escalade4 up my tailpipe Sat AM while the driver was
on his Cell phone. Made me wish that I had already put something up
somewhere higher. Promise you this, the third light will be coming
just as soon as I can get the neg conversion completed. Maybe they are
not as noticeable as they originally were, but when the jerk behind
you is so close he see the original lights, the third light will
possibly be seen when all else fails. Also, I am thinking of adding
that brake light flasher that I have seen on motorcycles around here.
That really get your attention.

Bob Johnson
BJ8

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl> wrote:
> Third brake lights are practically only an extra safety item if placed in
> the proper position, i.e. high, over the rear window. It has much less
> effect when placed low on the rear deck.
> They are often positioned on the rear deck of modern cars just to comply to
> the rules, not for added safety.
> Kees Oudesluijs
> NL
Healeys@autox.team.net