healeys

Re: [Healeys] healboard lift a dot fastener position bj8

To: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>, "andy pole"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] healboard lift a dot fastener position bj8
From: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:00:11 -0700
On a related issue, I just put in the fasteners on a new BJ8 top boot. I
used my old original boot as a guide for the very first locations near
the trunk hinges. I went from the edge of the material and that was a
mistake. This new boot has slightly more material than original in every
panel. I made the same mistake in location for the three snaps at the
top of the rear seat cushion. The boot now is quite baggy as it covers
the folded top. I should have put the boot over the folded top first and
pulled fore and aft for snugness. Then I probably would have had the
rear fasteners centered between the boot edge and the next line of
stitching. I would have had the fwd edge of the panel going past the
seat cushion edge as much as necessary for snugness even if it is not
like original.
When I do the tonneau in a few weeks, I think I match the rear vertical
to horizontal seam to the folded top first and then start in on the
fasteners. I will also do it in the bright sun.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8