healeys

[Healeys] Final alignment help needed

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] Final alignment help needed
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 23:27:34 -0500
I am doing a final alignment tweak on my Bt7.  First off I need to get the
tires aligned with each other.  Can some one give me a good rule of thumb
as to how much movement a tire will make with one full turn of the the cross
bar tie rod end.  I have the drivers tire where I want it and now I need to
bring the passenger side in a bit to match up with the drivers side.

One screw thread certainly doesn't cover much distance so I am thinking that 2
turns of one of the cross rod ends would move a tire inward or outward about
1/16th  of an inch.

Does any one have any sound figures on this  adjustment.

After I get the tires aligned with each other I know that I can just turn the
cross bar one way or the other to adjust the tires in or out.

Thanks,    Mark