healeys

Re: [Healeys] Rally / Upgraded Seats ?/MGB Tonneau and cover boot

To: Mark LaPierre <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, Jim Lyons
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rally / Upgraded Seats ?/MGB Tonneau and cover boot
From: Richard Collins <gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:25:17 -0700
Speaking of Tonneaus and MG's, I learned at the awesome Healey event this past
weekend at the Jack Daniels Distillery in TN, that the tonneau and boot cover
I have for my BN7 is really for an older MGB (one without headrests). and, I
assume all the healeys there caused Nashville to run out of gas from which it
has yet to recover !

The good news is the puzzle is solved, the bad news : anyone need a tonneau
and boot cover for an MGB?  They are what appear to be the original English
product.
I need a tonneau for the BN7 MK1 if anyone has one laying around.

Thanks,
Richard of KY
1960 BN7 #440

> From: lapierrem@sbcglobal.net> To: jlyons4@rochester.rr.com;
healeys@autox.team.net> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:37:20 -0400> Subject: Re:
[Healeys] Rally / Upgraded Seats ?> > I'm dodging the slashings already but
the MGB seats do fit on the rails and> are mooie comfy. They recline, lean
forward and head rests( or you can > remove> them when the tonneau goes on).>
> I have several used pairs and installed a temporary set just to tool around
> in.> > Hey at least there English and big time comfort.> > Mark> > -----
Original Message ----- > From: "Jim Lyons" <jlyons4@rochester.rr.com>> To:
<healeys@autox.team.net>> Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:15 PM> Subject:
[Healeys] Rally / Upgraded Seats ?> > > > Hello All,> >> > I am looking to
upgrade the original seats in my 1966 BJ8. I would like > > to> > find a seat
that has more comfort and adjustments for longer touring > > trips.> > I would
also like the new seat to fit on the factory seat rails so I can> > easily
swap back to the original factory seats for shows.> >> > Does anyone know
which seats were used in the factory Rally cars ? There > > is> > a photo (pg.
44) in AUSTIN-HEALEY 100-3000 by David McLavin and Andrew> > Tipping that
shows a nice looking red seat with extra side support and> > front padding in
a> > Rally car. There is also nice looking seat on page 101 in a Rally > >
Replica.> >> > Has anyone found such a seat and done the installation ?> >> >
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> >> > Healeys@autox.team.net>
lapierrem@sbcglobal.net> >> > http://www.team.net/archive >