healeys

Re: [Healeys] Brake servo repair - Pt. 2 (redux)

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake servo repair - Pt. 2 (redux)
From: "Frank Magnusson" <fmags@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 16:39:59 -0500
I think you're right and that is exactly the reason I pulled the servo;
fluid emptying from the reservoir into the cannister.  The seal between the
hydraulic and vacuum sections is bad and is letting fluid into the vacuum
section, which is getting sucked into the engine through the vacuum hose and
burned through the exhaust.  Lots of white smoke for a few minutes and brake
fluid smell.  Thanks to the list for identifying the problem a few months
back.