healeys

Re: [Healeys] Removing the overdrive accumulator piston and sleeve

To: "'Peter Schauss'" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>, "'Healey List'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Removing the overdrive accumulator piston and sleeve
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 19:11:16 -0600
Air pressure through the top operating valve plug.
 Here's the rub, one must insert their fingers into the accumulator to keep
the piston from being blown out. You'll need about 100PSI. If it doesn't
come out immediately then it will require a proper tool to expand on the
outer edge and then extract.. BTW, You DON"T want to remove the piston from
the accumulator housing!!
Dave

frogeye@porterscustom.com

Porter Customs