healeys

Re: Seat Belts

To: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:30:04 -0500 (EST)
Hello Patton;

  Some time ago, I acquired a number of old British technical and service
bulletins.  Bob Slater, the web master, took my MSWord file on seat belts,
converted it into pdf format, and put the result onto the Austin Healey Club of
Southern Ontario's web site.

  The bulletin regards seat belts in early Sprites, 100-6 and 3000 roadsters.
It was obtained from a series of BMC/BL technical and service bulletins;
specifically, from Austin Service Journal 1961-11-16   A437.   It shows the
anchor fittings for both the driver and front passenger use.  Check out:
  http://www.ahcso.com/Tech%20Talk/Seat%20Belts/Seat%20Belt-ASJ.pdf
  on the AHCSO site at   http://www.ahcso.com/

  I have attached my MSWord version in case you prefer it.  It has scanned jpgs
embedded as objects.   I hope this helps.

Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com> wrote:  << My wife just ave me a deadline
to have the 100-Six ready for taking the girls to look at Christmas lights in
the Healey. That means I have seven weekends to finish the car. I have most of
the parts, it's
just installing them, and the biggest project is installing the carpet, seats
and seat belts.

Does anyone have a good set of photos showing how to install front and rear
seat belts in a early 4 seat car. I want to incorporate shoulder belts on the
driver and passenger seats, but will do lap belts for the girl's 5 point car
seats.

Thanks in advance.

Patton

-- Patton Dickson - http://Austin-Healeys.com/
Austin-Healey 100-Six "Built to run 'til the road wears out." >>

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo!
Answers.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name
of Seat Belt-ASJ.doc]