healeys

HVLP Spray guns

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: HVLP Spray guns
From: "Allyn Richardson" <allynrichardson@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:46:57 -0700
Disclaimer here: I'm not a painting expert! A fact that my Wife taught me
("your not an expert in everything!" A revelation that really helped to
shrink my over-inflated ego) but I believe a compressor putting out less
than 5 CFM should be more than adequate. I think the High Volume refers to
the amount of paint applied from the gun. You get less blow back from the
paint hitting the project surface due to the low pressure, making the
spraying process more controllable. Many new paint formulations are high
solids low VOC now for air quality regulations and work great in HVLP
applications. Spraying lacquer won't work to well though.

Allyn