healeys

Re: Fuel sender nut

To: KENNETH MASON <meditionm@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel sender nut
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:29:55 +0100
I think it unlikely that an American small thread would be used on a
British built car with a unit starting life in the 1950s.

If your #4-48 nuts appears to fit then it is much more likely that the
correct one would be 6 BA

The difference is very small

                4-48            6BA

TPI             48              47.85
O/D             0.112"          0.1102"

BA fixings are still available in the UK but the even sizes are more
readily available that the odd.

3BA, 5BA & 7BA are used on many early Lucas products and these are a
little more difficult but I know of two UK suppliers who keep good
stocks and offer a very quick turnaround. Prices of odd sizes are a
little high with steel nuts around 4 pence each and a typical screw
around 7 pence UK prices.

Regards

--
John Harper