healeys

Re: Mesa Verde, CO & Southwest CO

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mesa Verde, CO & Southwest CO
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 20:31:16 -0700
Carlos,

I'd stress it's very important to ride the Silverton train between Durango
and Silverton. This goes through spectacular alpine scenery and is supposed
to be the best excursion train in the US. It's only 30 miles from Mesa
Verde. The train's a one-day deal--if you go at the height of the season you
may need to get a reservation ahead of time.

My wife and I have stayed and camped in both areas and Durango is
swankier--it's more of a tourist place with a lotta hotels and restaurants.
Suggest getting the Auto Club tour book for Colorado and researching some of
this stuff.
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA