healeys

Hyphens

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hyphens
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 16:37:37 +0100
The "Austin-Healey" on the nose of my MkII BT7 is hyphenated as I believe
(devoutly hope) it should be????
I note one of the usual suspects selling a nice looking AH MkII badge
without the hyphen. Their ad is on the back of our local club magazine.
Weren't they all hyphenated in the front?

I recall that a body shop tried to palm me off with an unhyphenated one when
they had my car last year. (Cat knocked a pile of logs onto the car!!!). I
think they were just attempting a bit of sleight of hand as (a) there was
nothing wrong with my badge (b) presumably a proper one is worth a lot more
than a misspelt one & (c) this particular shop has a rotten rep, (as I
discovered too late). Work was OK, just the overall trickiness.

So...hyphens?
(Just as well there aren't any apostrphes (') on the car. Nobody over here -
it seems to me - can use them properly! Not that it's usually that
important).

Simon Lachlan
Comfort House
Bradninch