healeys

Re: Vacuum problem?

To: Ben Prince <blprince2@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Vacuum problem?
From: glemon@neb.rr.com
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:25:42 -0500
"1.  When the car is first started it runs rough for a little bit then
smooths out"--

Not unusual, some SU cars are a little cold blooded, as long as it is
just a couiple minutes I wouldn't worry about it of if you do check to
see if your mixture is a little lean at the carbs.

"2. It dies at stop lights and RPMS drop when clutch is pushed"

Bad clutch release bearing would be my guess, I don't know if these
are the graphite friction kind on TDs but if they are they wear out,
does it shift easily from neutral?

Greg Lemon
54 BN1