healeys

Re: Living with a Small Garage

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Living with a Small Garage
From: ahy3000@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:41:29 +0000
Patton,

I too have a 20'x20' garage and can offer little but sympathy.  My Durango now
endures the New England winter whilst my wife's Jag and the Healey are parked
inside.

The Healey is short enough so the snow blower sits behind it during the months
that Furgie is up on blocks, so that works out okay.  The garage is detached
and unheated so winter projects are generally not an option.  I've built a
shallow work bench across the back of the garage and have added shelves
wherever I can fit them preserving precious floor space.

I've got two kayaks suspended above both cars on a pulley system so the cars
have to come out when the kayaks are raised or lowered.  Fortunately the
seasons are such that the cars is off its blocks when then kayaks are in use.
The whole thing reminds me of a Swiss Army knife!

BW

--
Burt Weiner
'63 BJ7