healeys

Carbs - 67 BJ8

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carbs - 67 BJ8
From: "Mel Brunet" <mburnet@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:22:04 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Listers

I am in a dilemma.  My engine has been completely rebuilt and it runs, but I
am having trouble adjusting the SU carbs.  I can not get the engine to idle
and at low rpm's it will die. Since I can not get the idle down I cannot set
the timing with a timing light.  I did set the timing with a test light
(static) but if I increase the rpm's it will backfire through the carbs.
The rear carb chatters a lot and I can feel air pushing out of it. As far as
I know the front carb is operating ok.  I am at my wits end. A lot of trial
and error with the emphasis on error. The workshop manual I have says"the
adjustment of the H.D. carburetter is extremely simple" .  Maybe, but not
for me.  What I need to know is if anyone knows of a site to go to get
trouble shooting tips.  I may have some problems with the carbs or the
timing or whatever.

Mel Brunet
67 BJ8 39749  "close but no cigar"

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type Image/gif which had a name of
BackGrnd.gif]