healeys

Re: Re:Dilemma

To: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>,
Subject: Re: Re:Dilemma
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:57:04 -0600
"Besides, I think Doug was just trying to wake up the Healey list on a lazy
Sunday afternoon!!!
It worked.

 Rich Chrysler"

While I suspect Rich may be right, I will venture my two cents anyway.

It sounds like one the the appealing things about the Mustang is the big
thumping power of the V-8.  I have bought cars because I like the rush of
speed before, while none have been 427 Cobras, nevertheless the thrill of
speed gets old after a while, if you drive the car everyday or a lot, it
goes from feeling fast to average, because it is your frame of reference.

Also unless you want to keep playing the game you quickly get behind, ten
years ago a garden variety Accord had what 160hp?, now the v-6s have 265hp
or something like that, in five years or so family sedans driven by soccer
moms will be abl to shame your Mustang, of course you can then buy another
new Mustang, take the depreciation hit, etc. etc.

We on the list or of course biased, but not blind, the new Corvettes,
Porsche Cayman, Honda S2000s and the no longer made BMW M coupe all tug at
my strings a little bit, I have even been toying with the idea of exploring
a trade of my 100 for a later Healey, but ultimately I go in the garage,
look at the 100, maybe go for a drive, and those nasty thought are
forgotten. But usually just looking at the car is enough, kind of like the
scene in Jerry McGuire "stop stop, you had me at hello"

Greg Lemon
54 BN1